Deputy Sheriff I
Salary: $4,979.00 Monthly.
Open Until Filled
Sierra County Sheriff’s Office is looking for motivated candidates who are looking for a rural country lifestyle. Sierra County is in the heart of the Sierra Nevada mountains in Northern California. Hunting, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking are all in your backyard. The Sheriff’s Office continuously strives to build positive relationships with the citizens and visitors of Sierra County and has strong community support.
- The Minimum Age for Peace Officers has increased from 18 years of age to 21 years of age as of January 1, 2022.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the date of appointment.
- U.S. citizen or anyone who is legally authorized to work in the state of California, under federal law, with the proper green card or visa, is eligible.
- Must have a U.S. High School Diploma –OR- U.S. General Education Development Credential (GED) –OR- A California High School Proficiency Certificate –OR- Have attained a two-year or four-year degree from a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Must have no felony convictions as a juvenile or adult and cannot currently be on any form of probation AND must pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Sheriff-Coroner.
- Must have no domestic violence convictions and cannot currently be the subject of a domestic violence restraining order.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, Class C or higher, by date of appointment. information.
- Sierra County Sheriff’s Office has two duty stations, Downieville Sheriff’s Office and Loyalton Substation. Employees are required to live within 30 minutes of their assigned duty station.