Deputy Sheriff Corrections
Organization Name: Deputy Sheriff Corrections
Job Posting Title: IRC41468
Job Title: Deputy Sheriff Corrections
Starting Salary: $59,292
Responsible for the protection of life and property within detention facilities; deters and suppresses violations of laws within the facility and ensures rules are followed. Monitors and surveils inmates; performs inspections to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and agency standards. Prepares legal documentation and reports, processes fingerprints and pictures to ensure inmate identification, executes emergency plans, resolve disputes and performs necessary restraint techniques.
- Must meet all Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) requirements.
- Must meet all PBSO requirements specified in the online assessment.
- 21 years of age
- High School Graduate or GED
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job for which applying with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Internal Candidates – Achieved satisfactory evaluations and favorably completed at least one year of employment unless position is designation by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office as a critical need position at the time of application.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
Corrections Department employees are required to work overtime, with and without notice, and must be available for emergency call-in overtime.
Work Schedule: Varies
Number of Vacancies: Multiple
Closing Date: November 26, 2021
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans’ Preference to be requested at time application is submitted
Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements and are encouraged to apply