Open until filled
Maintain law and order and serve legal process of the courts by performing duties, including but not limited to; processing citizen complaints, documenting and writing reports on law violations, transporting prisoners, service of civil process, and overall general law enforcement in the County.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid operator’s license at time of application and a valid Missouri operator’s license at time of appointment.
- Type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Visual acuity of at least 20/200 correctable to 20/20 in both eyes.
- Pass a medical examination, psychological assessment, and a pre-employment drug screen prior to appointment.
- Must possess a valid class A or B Missouri Peace Officer License or current enrollment in a police academy.
- Applicants must be able to meet the strenuous physical demands of law enforcement activities which include, at a minimum, ability to engage in foot pursuits, to make forcible arrest, and to operate law enforcement equipment, including firearms.
- Must reside in Boone County (by the end of field training).
- No felony convictions.
- Have not pled guilty to or have any other criminal convictions in the past 2 years, excluding traffic violations.
- No employee, while on duty, shall have visible body, facial or tongue piercing jewelry except for traditional ear piercings.
- Uniformed personnel whose tattoos will be visible while in uniform must submit the tattoo for approval. If display of the tattoo while in uniform is denied the tattoo must be covered.
- Applicant must meet minimum qualifications set forth by the FBI and MSHP CJIS Security policy.