Under general supervision of the shift supervisor, performs general law enforcement duties in the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and ordinances to protect individual rights, protect life and property, prevent and suppress crime, and identify and apprehend criminal offenders. He/she also performs community service activities and other assigned work as required. Frequent exposure to a high degree of danger is required.
- Patrols the roads of the county in a radio-equipped vehicle to enforce federal, state and local laws, administrative regulations and ordinances, and to prevent and/or discover the commission of a crime.
- Required to respond to calls for service, to include taking criminal complaints and working injury and non-injury accidents. Serves civil and criminal process.
- Makes arrests, issues citations and serves warrants, as needed.
- Transports prisoners to and from court and other jurisdictions. Also transports fugitives from justice from other states by ground and air.
- Takes traffic enforcement action and maintains crowd control at public events and festivals.
- Is frequently exposed to a high degree of danger.
- Required to carry a firearm in the course of duty as a sworn officer.
- Investigates criminal cases, leading to the apprehension and arrests of offenders. Completes case preparation and presents same to the courts for successful prosecution of said cases.
- Attends required in-service training.
- Renders assistance to citizens and the public, as needed.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or equivalent.