Closes On: December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM CST
Performs a variety of tasks by providing the public with a safe and secure environment for all by safeguarding life, patrolling assigned areas, making arrests, writing citations, preparing reports, and preserving the peace while defending the rights and liberties guaranteed to every individual by the Constitution of the United States of America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to citizen complaints and calls for service, performing investigations, gathering evidence, conducting searches, processing fingerprints, and serving the citizens of Buchanan County
- Patrols assigned neighborhoods of the County to ensure the safety and well-being of citizens
- Interviews witnesses or canvass the neighborhoods for possible witnesses and to establish suspects
- Records daily activities, submitting logs, and documenting reports on law violations for the appropriate authorities
- Operates radios, telephones, and other communications to respond to public complaints and other calls
- Sets up necessary barriers for crime scenes and performing crowd control when necessary
- Patrols and guards’ buildings, including courthouses, in order to provide security, enforce laws, and arrest violators
- Conducts the transportation of prisoners
- Provides service of civil process of all paperwork related to civil and criminal court documentation, as received from the court systems
High School diploma required.
Preference will be given to applicants that are experienced peace officers, and who are currently MO POST certified, however some exceptional candidates may be sent to the Academy.