Salary: $62,856.00 – $81,048.00 Annually.
A commissioned law enforcement officer whose primary duties are to provide law enforcement services in the unincorporated portions of Grays Harbor County.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and at least 21 years of age by the date of the written exam.
- Have no record of felony conviction, no record of gross misdemeanor/misdemeanor conviction for crime involving controlled substances or physical harm; be free from any physical condition which might adversely affect performance of duty as a Deputy Sheriff; be free from any psychological condition which might adversely affect performance of duty as a Deputy Sheriff based on an evaluation by a clinical psychologist.
- Must be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development Test.
- Must be examined by a licensed physician to verify that applicant is physically sound and free from any physical defect which might adversely affect performance as a Deputy Sheriff.
- In addition to the physical and psychological evaluations mentioned above, applicants will undergo a polygraph exam and be subject to an extensive background check.
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- This job is subject to a 12-month probation period.