Enforces laws of the State of Texas and Matagorda County and protects persons and property.
- Performs routine patrol as a deterrent to crime. Issues citations and/or warnings to violators when appropriate; arrests violators; testifies in court as needed.
- Maintains reports as required. Maintains equipment assigned. Conducts initial crime scene investigations.
- Answers citizen calls for police assistance.
- Maintains weapon proficiency.
- Participates in activities and duties related to emergency management during a local state of disaster as directed by appropriate county managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and currently holds a Peace Officer License awarded by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal
effectively with the public, other employees and elected officials.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must maintain all requirements to be licensed as a peace officer under TCOLE rules.