Provides law enforcement services in Jasper County. This includes protecting citizens and property by patrolling neighborhoods, citing reckless drivers, making arrests, responding to calls for assistance, serving warrants and other related tasks.
- Patrols residential and commercial areas within assigned jurisdiction.
- Responds to radio calls for service and assistance; conducts preliminary investigations; determines appropriate course of action; responds to emergency calls.
- Collects and processes evidence.
- Writes results of investigations, citations, incident reports, and other official documentation as required.
- Provides emergency rescue and First Aid to victims of accidents or criminal acts.
- Processes warrants; enters data to state and national databases.
- Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including juveniles.
- Serves arrest warrants, civil process papers, and subpoenas.
- Serves and executes involuntary eviction orders.
- Conducts prisoner transports to and from other jurisdictions.
- Provides assistance to other agencies.
- Conducts funeral escorts.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings as required.
- Provides court room security as required.
- Performs the duties of a K-9 Officer as required.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Associate Degree (or higher)
- Prior Military Service
- Prior Law Enforcement experience
- Active SCCJA Certification
- Bilingual (Preferred, but not required)
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of South Carolina for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to successfully pass the Basic Law Enforcement Training Program provided by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.