Deputy Sheriff – Certified
Paygrade: 126 ($41,000.00)
Deputy Sheriff- Uncertified
Paygrade: 124 ($39,000.00)
Description of Duties:
The Uniform Patrol Deputy enforces the laws for the County Of Georgetown by patrolling assigned areas,
responding to and investigating incidents and complaints received from Central Dispatch. These duties are within accordance to The South Carolina Code of Law, along with the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office.
- Must meet all minimum hiring requirements for this position.
- Successful Completion of Class I Law Enforcement Certification within (1) one year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, techniques, practices and principles applicable to the job.
- Proficient in the ability to access and utilize computerized operating systems.
- Ability to analyze complex situations, reach reasonable conclusions and propose solutions.
- Ability to present clear, concise and comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other officers, investigators and outside agencies.
- Ability to respond professionally during stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt to various work schedules including weekends, nightshifts and holidays.
- Ability to successfully complete and maintain training requirements of the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office to include annual firearms qualification.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office standards.
- Ability to physically perform the required job duties.