$60,960.00 – $100,032.00 Annuall
If you have a passion to serve and protect, and would like to serve in a safe community that highly supports and appreciates our law enforcement professionals, we invite you to join our Colusa County Sheriff’s Office family. As a Colusa County Deputy Sheriff you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of responsible law enforcement and crime prevention work; and to patrol assigned areas, answer calls and complaints, and investigate crimes.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Patrol and respond to calls and complaints; conduct investigations of disturbances, prowlers, burglaries, thefts, vehicle accidents, and other crimes; check buildings for physical security.
- Prepare various reports on investigations, including arrest and unusual incidents observed.
- Make arrests as necessary; interview victims, complainants, and witnesses; gather and preserve evidence; testify and present evidence in court.
- Assist in investigations in cases that are of a criminal nature.
- Serve as a Deputy Coroner; assist in investigations and reports of death.
- Issue traffic citations; serve warrants, subpoenas, and civil documents.
- Work with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the investigation of crimes and the apprehension of offenders.
- Perform Bailiff duties at the courthouse.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public regarding Sheriff Department policies and procedures.
- Administer first aid in emergency situations.
One year of law enforcement experience is desirable.
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
License or Certificate:
Possession of or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid driver’s license.
Current enrollment in a California Peace Officers Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Basic Academy or satisfactory completion of P.O.S.T. Basic Academy (for entry level applicants) or possession of a Basic Certificate (for lateral applicants).