Salary: $26.87-$37.20 per hour.
Open until filled
The Sheriff’s Office Deputy is responsible for performing tasks to accomplish the defined goals related to the protection of people and property in the County. Deputies may be responsible for determining how to approach or handle situations depending on the conditions of the situation.
- Patrols the county.
- Responding to emergency calls for service.
- Serve civil process, prepare and maintain reports.
- Testify in court.
- Enforce traffic laws, state laws and county ordinances.
- Issue citations, assist motorists as needed.
- Make arrests.
- Perform transports as needed and attends ongoing training in procedures, tactics, weapons, computer systems, related subjects.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The candidate will be required to be Minnesota POST eligible or currently hold a Minnesota POST license.
- Other requirements are to have a valid driver’s license and CPR/First Aid certification.
- Applicants will be required to pass a background check.