Deputy Sheriffs adopt a community policing philosophy that focuses on enforcing the law and serving the Citrus County community by developing relationships and partnerships with businesses and the citizens of Citrus County.
- Promotes public safety in assigned patrol area.
- Responds to calls in a timely manner.
- Develops relationships with community organizations, business, and individual citizens.
- Acts as liaison between agency and community including civil and domestic disturbances
- Conducts traffic enforcement.
- Investigates traffic crashes and directs traffic around crashes, congested areas, and hazards.
- Pursues vehicles safely.
- Conducts felony stops.
- Checks dwellings, other buildings, grounds and personal property to ensure their security.
- Identifies elements of DUIs and properly administers field sobriety tests.
- Retrieves suspect/vehicle/dispatch/service call information from the computer.
- Utilizes all available resources to develop leads, analyze evidence, and determine if an investigation is warranted.
- Apprehends suspect(s) using the appropriate level of force.
- Collects latent fingerprints, photographs, and crime scene evidence.
- Interviews persons in a professional manner.
- Testifies at trials, hearings, grand juries, and depositions.
- Prepares clear, concise reports or affidavits.
- Identifies and monitors known criminal offenders/gang members.
- Identifies, packages, seals and labels collected evidence and impounds vehicles.
- Completes all assignments to specifications.
- All CCSO employees are considered ‘essential emergency workers’ and are subject to working in any capacity/hours deemed necessary by the Agency during activations, including but not limited to, in-County and out-of-County deployments.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification of competency.
- Completion of a certified Florida Academy program or Officer Training equivalency program.
- Passing score on the State Office Certification Examination.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Good moral character.