Salary: $19.48 Hourly.
Open until filled
The Aroostook County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for full-time Deputy Sheriff to patrol the central and northern zones in Aroostook County. General duties include communicating with the public, conducting criminal investigations and working with others to deter and solve crime. A successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and be on call.
- Current, full-time law enforcement certification issued by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy or Maine certified reserve officer (200 hour course).
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Valid Maine driver’s license.
- Attained the age of 21.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- If hired, applicants may need to pass a physical and psychological assessment test and polygraph examination.