12/31/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Incumbent is a Sworn and Certified Peace Officer. Incumbent performs a variety of duties and tasks related to the protection of life, limb and property. Incumbent reports to the Shift Sergeant and may function as Shift Sergeant in his or her absence.
Completion of a secondary education or equivalent plus certification from the Ohio Peace Officers Training Council. Must be able to properly administer first aid / CPR. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and a clean criminal record.
Work consists of complex, varied, non-standardized tasks requiring application of numerous laws, rules, regulations, and procedures. Incumbent is required to quickly react to potentially threatening situations on a regular basis.
- Preserve the peace and enforce the laws of the state of Ohio.
- Protects the life and property of citizens as a sworn Peace Officer of Delaware County.
- Patrols assigned area
- Responds to criminal and civil calls as dispatched
- Apprehends violators of the law
- Performs vacant house and business checks
- Controls traffic
- Transports prisoners
- Provides county court and county building security as assigned
- Maintains assigned vehicle and other equipment
- Prepares accurate and complete reports relative to each situation
- Investigates criminal activity including performing full investigation of misdemeanors, felonies, and traffic offenses
- Evaluates reported felony and misdemeanor offenses in assigned area
- Takes statements from suspects, victims, and witnesses
- Contacts complainants and witnesses in follow-up investigations
- Interrogates suspects and makes arrests
- Provides surveillance of locations or persons as assigned
- Prepares criminal case files and develops probable cause of issuance of arrest or search warrants
- Appears in court as a witness when required