Shift: 12 Hour Shifts (may include Weekends, Evenings & Holidays)
Salary: Starting at $50,204.66 (base – does not include OT or Holiday pay)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual is responsible for providing law enforcement service in the neighborhoods of Flagler County. They are expected to operate within a work environment driven by both community and intelligence lead policing. Deputy Sheriff’s act under the color of the authority of the Sheriff and provide those services that support the programs and policies without close supervision. Deputy Sheriffs provide calm responses under volatile circumstances and must constantly remember that their personal actions reflect on the whole of the agency and the Sheriff.
MINIMUM SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Graduation from High School or possession of a High School Equivalency Diploma recognized by the State of Florida;
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
- Must be currently Florida Certified in Law Enforcement or attending a Law Enforcement Academy;
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement;
- Must not have received a dishonorable or general discharge from any branch of the Armed Forces;
- Must show capabilities of performing the minimum standards appropriate to this agency;
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified applicants should download the application from http://www.flaglersheriff.com/join-fcso/application and submit the completed application to email@example.com.
If more information is required, please contact Human Resources at 386-586-4822