Salary: $21.22 per hour.
- Patrolling County roads and neighborhoods, responding to emergencies, and rendering appropriate aid.
- Responding to reports of criminal activity by conducting investigations, serving warrants and summons, making arrests as necessary, and preparing written reports.
- Assisting the District Attorney with prosecutions by filing appropriate written reports and testifying in court.
- Performing outreach and public relations activities with members of the community including: speaking to school groups and civic organizations.
- Assisting other law enforcement agencies with investigations and emergencies.
- Preparing reports on crime statistics.
- Performing other duties of a similar nature or level.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and a citizen of the United States.
- Please note assignment is at the discretion of the Sheriff.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, extended hours and during emergency situations.
- Candidates must successfully complete a written examination, physical abilities test, structured interview, background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, and medical examination.
- Valid NC Driver’s License.
- Basic Law Enforcement (BLET) Certification.