$77,719.82 – $94,468.82 Annually
The County of Yolo is recruiting to fill multiple regular, full-time positions in the class of Deputy Sheriff at the Yolo County Sheriff-Coroner-Public Administrator’s Office.
- Patrols assigned area using patrol car and two-way radio unit;
- Answers calls for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of State and local laws;
- Observes assigned area for suspicious acts and unsafe conditions;
- Conducts preliminary investigations at scenes of accidents and crimes;
- Prepares detailed reports of all activities;
- Provides assistance to other Deputies and other law enforcement agencies as necessary;
- Receives and serves a variety of civil papers including summons and complaints, subpoenas, orders, writs of attachment, executions, and claim and delivery;
- Confers with appropriate parties in serving civil processes;
- Makes arrests in contempt proceeding;
- Effects evictions and seizes personal property ties;
- Serves as jailer;
- Serves as bailiff;
Education: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
Certificate: Possession of a valid POST Basic Certificate issued by the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training.
In addition to the above, applicants must:
1. Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment;
2. Be a United States Citizen;
3. Successfully pass a thorough background investigation conducted by the Sheriff’s Department;
4. Not have been convicted of a felony; and
5. Be in good physical condition and pass a thorough medical and psychological examination prior to employment.