$26.62 – $33.63 Hourly
Enjoy the unique opportunities we have to offer such as patrolling by squad, boat, snowmobile, or ATV and put in request to be part of our K9, drone, or emergency response units.
Prior law enforcement experience may qualify a successful candidate to start above the minimum step of the normal hiring range based on years of service and allow them to be eligible for an accelerated training program.
Illustrative Examples of Work
(*) indicates tasks which have been identified as essential job functions.
* 1. Patrols county roads, local roads and state highways, and operates radar equipment; promotes public
safety through self-initiated activities.
* 2. Recognizes, responds, investigates, and enforces violations of criminal, civil and traffic laws; adheres to
proper arrest procedures and warrant confirmations.
* 3. Follows security procedures while transporting inmates, civil commitments and suspects.
* 4. Obtains pertinent information from suspects, witnesses and victims by applying appropriate interviewing
* 5. Maintains law enforcement logs, case records and incident reports; submits concise and accurate reports
in a timely manner.
* 6. Serves warrants, subpoenas, civil processes and other legal documents.
* 7. Assists other law enforcement agencies in the pursuit and apprehension of wanted suspects; assists in
emergencies or natural disasters; administers first aid to injured individuals.
* 8. Directs traffic and provides assistance to the public; maintains crowd control at community events.
* 9. Testifies credibly in civil and criminal court cases; participates in the preparation of cases for court.
*10. Demonstrates punctual and reliable attendance in accordance with designated work schedule.
Minimum Qualifications for Work
Meet the educational requirements or reciprocity standards of the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Board to become licensed as a peace officer according to Minnesota Rules 6700.0700; OR possession of a valid Minnesota POST license, eligibility, or reciprocity application.
Possession of a valid driver’s license.