$27.88 – $35.55 Hourly
Deputy Sheriff Recruit is the entry-level law enforcement position for Yavapai County. This classification exists solely for those attending an Arizona Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Certified Academy. Deputy Sheriff Recruit is a classification characterized by assignment to a P.O.S.T. Certified Academy. Under close supervision during this Academy, the Recruit will receive intensive academic instruction in law enforcement combined with rigorous physical fitness training. Upon successful completion of the Academy, recruits will be sworn in as Peace Officers and begin a Field Training process. Upon successful completion of the Field Training process the Deputy Recruit will be promoted to Deputy Sheriff and begin a six month probationary period.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
- Attend the assigned AzPOST Certified academy and successfully meet all academic and physical requirements.
- Patrols areas of the County in a vehicle to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crime, interview persons with complaints or inquiries and utilize investigative techniques taught at the basic academy to enforce criminal statutes, motor vehicle and parking regulations.
- Answers calls and complaints received by radio, telephone, or in person involving emergency, disorder, and crime.
- Conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence and locates witnesses.
- Makes arrests and/or transports prisoners to jail.
- Appears in court to present evidence and/or testify as required.
- Conducts specialized investigations and raids.
No prior experience required.
High school diploma or GED.