8/24/2022 5:01 PM Mountain
Perform a variety of Law Enforcement and Public Safety functions through teamwork and with the community of Gallatin County.
This is most likely a resident Deputy position. Must meet minimum standards for the appointment and continued employment of public safety officers in the State of Montana in pursuant of Montana Administrative Rule (ARM) 23.13.201 as prescribed by the Montana Public Safety Officer Standards and Training Council. ARM 23.13.201:
- Must have a good driving record
- Possess or able to possess a Montana driver’s license
- Good physical condition
- Possess a Montana P.O.S.T. certification or be able to obtain within twelve (12) months of hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Ability to legally possess a firearm
- Have no felony convictions
- No domestic abuse convictions
- Good verbal and written communication skills: React quickly and effectively to stressful situations: Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- Clear and concise speech
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Possess a high school degree or equivalent. Additional incentives are available for higher education.