$52,395.20 – $63,107.20 Annually
Under general supervision is responsible for patrolling an assigned district and responding to calls for service; may be assigned to the jail; performs other duties as required.
- Responds to a wide variety of citizen calls for service, including calls to public schools, which demand a wide variety of actions;
- Identifies and addresses motor vehicle traffic flow and safety problems; identifies hazards that place citizens at risk, such as damaged or missing stop signs, missing manhole covers, etc.;
- Identifies and addresses crime patterns on applicable cruiser district(s);
- Investigates, reports, and properly clears traffic accidents;
- Communicates with the public, peers, supervisors, and other units in oral and written form via radio, telephone, MDT, computer, and in person;
- Intervenes in domestic disputes; serves arrest warrants and/or makes arrests; searches persons; transports prisoners and other people;
- Identifies and collects evidence and preserves crime scenes; conducts stakeouts or surveillance, sometimes in plain clothes;
- Writes accurate, complete, and legible reports; uses a computer to gather and disseminate information;
- Handles, uses, and/or shoots firearms;
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have an O.P.O.T.A. Certification for Law Enforcement.