Deputy Sheriff: $4,488 – $5,651 monthly
The purpose of this position:
Work as full time Deputy Sheriff with a strong will to provide service to the citizens of Coos County and the State of Oregon., Criminal Patrol or Corrections as assigned by the Sheriff. Provide protection for the citizens of Coos County and the State of Oregon; Arrest and detain persons who have committed crimes; Enforce traffic laws; Investigate crimes and write reports; maintain security and control of jail; transport inmates; maintain security in the courts.
Essential functions of position:
- Strong will to provide a service to the citizens of Coos County and the State of Oregon
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Enforces all Laws of the United States, Oregon, and Coos County
- Operates a variety of motor vehicles and equipment
- Use of physical force to control persons
- Possible use of deadly physical force
- Investigates crimes and complaints
- Testifies in court proceedings
- Maintains jail security, court security and all duties involved in the Police and Corrections field.
Required special skills, licenses, certificates, etc.:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Oregon Driver’s License