Salary: $20.21 Hr
Under general law enforcement work this position performs police work involving the protection of life and property, the enforcement of laws and the investigation of crime. An incumbent in this position may be assigned to perform special duties.
- Responds to calls relayed by radio, including domestic disputes, arrests, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or
missing persons and stranded motorists
- Patrols the county to enforce state, federal, and local laws and to detect and deter crime
- Carries out investigations of assigned cases; collects evidence; identifies and apprehends offenders; interviews complainants, victims, witnesses and suspects; conducts follow-up investigations as required
- Responds to crime scenes; examines crime scene to identify and collect evidence; photographs scenes; lifts fingerprints and makes composites
- Serves civil papers, warrants, sex offender papers, criminal papers and subpoenas; carries out court orders, including collecting judgments and seizing property; provides courtroom security; transports prisoners
- Provides courtroom security as assigned; searches courtroom and holding cells; accepts deliveries and maintains logs; tests and inspects courthouse security systems.
- Maintains evidence and property inventories as assigned; prepares evidence for storage and transfer to District Attorney or GBI; maintains chain of custody records; testifies in court.
- Must be P.O.S.T. certified as a Georgia law enforcement officer in good standing
- Knowledge of all facets of police work and of applicable constitutional guidelines, federal and state criminal
laws, traffic laws and local ordinances
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, criminal investigation principles, laws, standards, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of county streets and geography
- Skill in planning, organizing, analyzing, decision making and problem solving
- Skill in the use of firearms and other standard and specialized law enforcement equipment
- Skill in the use of assigned vehicles
- Skill in the use of office equipment, including a computer and calculator
- Skill in public relations and interpersonal