Responsible for patrolling the streets of Watford City and enforcing laws and city ordinances.Normally consisting of providing crime prevention and repression; performing criminal investigations; performing regulation of non-criminal activity; performing routine vehicle inspection of patrol unit on each shift; performing community service activities; responding to emergency situations and assisting in rescue operations; serving as tactical entry team member; and participating in training.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (G.E.D.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Completion of Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
- State Peace Officer’s License.
- Firearm Certification.
- Valid North Dakota Driver’s License.
- Radar Certification may be required.