Salary: $17.65 – $17.65 / Hour.
- Enforces jail rules and regulations; maintains inmate discipline; maintains a secure and peaceful environment in the jail.
- Supervises, observes and monitors inmate activities inside the facility on a continual basis; supervises inmates working in the jail; takes counts of inmates as required.
- Monitors security of jail facility; inspects doors, fences, and other areas to assure facility security; operates security doors, via the master control panel.
- Searches inmates, visitors, mail, cells, building, and grounds to locate/remove contraband or weapons.
- Processes incoming inmates per established procedures; completes applicable documentation; secures and records personal property; explains jail rules and regulations; assigns housing quarters.
- Makes fingerprinting records of incoming arrestees.
- Performs various functions associated with ensuring the health, safety, and welfare of inmates (e.g., distributing meals, providing clothing, bedding, and supplies; obtaining medical aid; coordinating visitation; distributing mail; coordinating telephone communications; etc.)
- Administers medications, first aid and/ or CPR when needed.
- Transports inmates to/ from court, medical facilities, or elsewhere as directed; Escorts inmates from one area or the facility to another.
- Conducts release of prisoners per established procedures; prepares bonds for inmate release; completes applicable forms and obtains appropriate signatures.
- Collects funds for inmate accounts; issues receipts, records and secures payments.
- Enters data pertaining to inmates into the computer system.
- Prepares and/ or generates routine correspondence, forms, reports, logs. Receipts and other documents.
- Receives various documentation; reviews, processes, responds, forwards, maintains, and/or takes other action as appropriate.
- Communicates with staff or adjoining shifts to gather exchange information on inmate activities.
- Communicates via telephone and two-way radio; provides information; takes and relays.
- Messages and/ or directs calls to appropriate personnel; returns calls as necessary. Responds to routine requests for information or assistance from inmates, family members, visitors, attorneys, court officials, members of the staff, the public or other individuals.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Some experience in law enforcement, corrections or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alabama Drivers license. Also, have clear criminal and drivers history.