Closes On: August 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST
The primary responsibility of the Price County Deputy Sheriff is to provide law enforcement services to the visitors, motorists, and residents of Price County. Price County covers over 1,200 square miles of mostly rural area including County, State, and Federal forest land, lakes and rivers. We strive to promote a partnership for a safer community through law enforcement and citizen interaction by emphasizing education, respect, fairness and integrity.
Current specialty programs and assignments in the Department include Honor Guard, Water Safety Patrol, K-9 Handler, UAV (Drone Operator), Rec Patrol, Special Response/Drug Warrant Team, DARE and Project Lifesaver. Several of our deputies are State-certified instructors, providing annual in-service training to our Department staff and other Departments, along with teaching at Technical Colleges and Academies. Also, deputies provide community safety education and outreach as requested during meetings and community events.
- Citizen of the United States, 18 years of age or older upon appointment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with good driving record upon appointment
- Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board certification, with minimum certification and educational requirements for law enforcement officers as established by the Law Enforcement Standards Board at the time of appointment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisory staff and external agencies
- Physically perform all necessary duties required of a law enforcement officer
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Legal ability to possess a Firearm
- No Felony convictions and No Domestic Abuse convictions