Dauphin County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for the position of Full Time Deputy Sheriff. This is a Teamsters Local 776 Union position.
10/8/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
• Serving and enforcing Orders of the Courts, Writs, Writs of Executions, Summons, Subpoenas and orders of court and other legal documents.
• Transporting prisoners from County, State, and Federal prisons and various facilities throughout the state.
• Executing bench and arrest warrants.
• Responsible for court security.
• Other courthouse duties include; criminal, civil and juvenile courts, Domestic Relations, maintains security of courthouse holding cell, guilty pleas, arraignments and custody of prisoners in court.
• Conducting and/or participating in Sheriff's sales of real and personal property.
• Prepare reports using appropriate grammar, symbols and mathematical calculations
• Assist other law enforcement agencies when necessary
• Successfully complete Act 2 recertification every year
• Successfully complete firearms requalification annually
• May be required to perform additional work that follows prescribed or well-established procedures that can be learned within a reasonable time by training on the job. More detailed instructions as to the nature of their duties will be given to employees at the beginning of their various assigned shift work.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
• Must be 21 years old with no criminal record.
• Must complete a written test at a cost of $30.00 to the applicant.
• Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen at no cost to the applicant.
• Must pass Physical Agility Test in accordance with the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) Sheriff's Academy entry level requirements.See link for specific requirements by age group.
• Must complete an oral interview
• Successfully pass a criminal background investigation
• Within one (1) year of hire, employees hired for this job must successfully complete the Deputy Sheriffs' Basic Training Program (Act 2 certification) which is a 19-week training academy through Pennsylvania State University.(At no cost to the applicant)