Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
Department Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
Generalized law enforcement and public safety work in the protection of life and property, and the execution of orders issued through the jurisdiction of the Sheriff of Brevard County.
The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Sheriff’s Office to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations
Promotional Process For Civil Service Classified Positions:
The hiring authority or designee will review the applications for civil service classified positions and interview eligible candidates. Interview/ORB results will be forwarded to the Sheriff or designee for approval. All requirements must be met by the time of application deadline.
- Promote public safety in patrol area, respond to all dispatch calls in a timely manner, observes traffic and initiates traffic stops, performs checks on dwellings, buildings, grounds to ensure prevention of damage by fire, theft, and/or vandalism.
- Responds to calls for assistance, administer first aid at crime or accident scenes, also secures these scenes making sure the integrity of the scene and evidence is not compromised.
- Given probable cause or arrest warrant, apprehends and arrests suspects without violating suspect's rights or causing undue harm while observing officer safety procedures at all times.
- Must be a Certified Law Enforcement Officer in the state of Florida. Must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid Florida driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, and have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- This position requires a pre-employment medical certification, psychological exam and successful completion of the Brevard County Sheriff''s Office Physical Abilities Test.