Salary: $23 an hour for Recruit Deputy on FTO. $48,000-$63,206.83
Duties include: maintain law & order and serve legal processes of the courts. Duties include, but are not limited to: patrolling of assigned areas, crime investigation traffic control, evidence collection, service of legal documents and warrants, transporting of subjects and prisoners, quelling disturbances and making arrests.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Successfully pass the CJBAT for law enforcement
- Graduated from a Florida Criminal Justice Academy, or currently enrolled to start the application process, and successfully pass the state exam.
- Must be able to work any hours or days as needed (shift work, holidays, and weekends).
- No marijuana usage in the past three years. No usage of other controlled substances in the past ten years.
- Successfully pass a physical agility test (PAT), truth verification exam, medical physical, and drug screen examination.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess a 4-year degree, four years of law enforcement experience, and four years of military experience (police or K-9), or a combination of the above totaling four years.