Salary: $45,000.00 Annually.
- Maintains jail security; performs inmate head counts; monitors inmate activities; performs booking and prisoner intake activities; transports inmates to and from appointments and to and from other facilities; administers alcohol tests to inmates; testify.
- Obtains warrants, locates subjects, and executes warrants by making arrests.
- Transports prisoners to and from court; types and prepares extradition papers.
- Patrols the county to deter and detect criminal activities; writes traffic tickets; directs traffic; assists at accident scenes; assists stranded motorists; escorts funeral processions.
- Delivers subpoenas, eviction notices, child support papers, and other civil papers to defendants.
- Attends required training classes.
- Appears in court to testify on behalf of the state.
- Performs the duties of K-9 Officer as assigned; trains and exercises dog.
- Performs the duties of Bomb Technician as assigned; renders safe or removes suspected improvised explosive incendiary devices, explosives, explosive chemicals, pyrotechnics, and ammunitions; conducts blast scene investigations; develops bomb threat awareness and safety programs; develops agency emergency response plans.
- Performs the work of Training Officer as assigned; determines training requirements, prepares instructional objectives, determines instructional methods and strategies, develops instructional aids and learning materials, and monitors the quality of program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the occupational field, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Act.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.