Salary: $48,850.00 – $62,281.00 Annually.
Performs protective service work enforcing laws, patrolling assigned area, investigating criminal activity, serving civil papers, ensuring safety of the public, testifying in court, maintaining records and files, preparing reports and performs related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Field Operations Supervisor.
- On an assigned shift, operates a patrol car to observe for violations of laws, suspicious activities or persons and disturbances of law and order; examines premises of unoccupied residences or buildings; detects unusual conditions and maintains surveillance and observation for stolen cars, missing persons, or suspects;
- Responds to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, domestic disputes, loud and disruptive behavior and completes calls by determining true nature of the situation and taking whatever legal or persuasive action is warranted;
- Serves warrants, summons, subpoenas, court orders, and makes arrests, prepares reports and testifies in court;
- Performs investigations of crimes, interviews victims and witnesses, secures property and evidence, investigates property ownership, documents facts and incidents and coordinates and executes evictions;
- Enforces traffic and criminal laws, issues citations for violations and assists motorists;
- Prepares levies on real and personal property, inventories property, coordinates with auctioneer and conducts auctions and receives and manages monies for levy fees, payment of a judgment, and payment on levied bank accounts;
- Transports prisoners and mental patients to facilities throughout the state;
- Provides supervision and assistance to trainees and assists in evaluating trainees;
- Provides law enforcement assistance to outside agencies as necessary;
- Maintains vehicles and equipment in proper working order;
- Attends training as necessary to maintain law enforcement certification;
- Performs community service and public relation activities;
- Performs assigned court service and security duties and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.