Open until filled
The Sheriff’s Office performs law enforcement and crime prevention work including preserving the peace, patrolling assigned areas, serving warrants and making arrests, and conducting investigations. The mission of the Sheriff’s Office is to serve and protect persons and property in the County of Madison, State of Montana. POST Certification is required.
- The Deputy Sheriff is responsible for performing law enforcement and crime prevention work including patrolling of assigned areas,
- Preserving the peace,
- Serving warrants and making arrests,
- Conduct criminal investigations and providing inmate security at a Sheriff’s detention facility,
- This includes assignments to civil, detention, investigations, and court security; and
- Performing related duties as assigned.
- This job requires education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
- The job requires a valid Montana driver’s license, or eligibility to gain one, and a good driving record.
- Incumbent must successfully complete the Montana Law Enforcement Academy, the departmental field training program and meet the other statutory qualifications in M.C.A. 7-32-2104.