Protects life and property of citizens in Johnson County and of the State of Texas. Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations of crimes against persons or property and apprehends wanted persons. Maintains peace and order within Johnson County and enforces criminal and traffic laws of the State of Texas.
- Enforces all state laws, county ordinances or other applicable statutes while safeguarding the constitutional rights of all persons involved.
- Answers calls for service, investigates criminal offenses and completes reports, makes arrests and completes arrest paperwork.
- Transports inmates and juveniles to and from court and from other jails to Johnson County jails.
- Serves as (E.R.T) Emergency Response Team member.
- Serves as SRO (School Resource Officer) officer; provides law enforcement services within a public school setting; and, acts as a liaison between, the school, law enforcement and other entities.
- Performs accident investigations.
- Executes warrants and summons.
- Testifies in court hearings.
- Serves as FTO (Field Training Officer); trains and teaches new employees.
- Projects a positive image of the the Sheriff’s Office and the law enforcement profession as a whole by appearance, demeanor and performance of duties.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with no experience required.