Murray County is taking applications for a full-time Deputy Sheriff. Hours are a combination of days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Applicants must complete a county application. To obtain an application and a detailed job description, contact Murray County Human Resources Office at 507-836-1149 or inquire on the Murray County website www.murraycountymn.com. Position open until filled.
The purpose of this position is to protect life and property in Murray County and to enforce City Ordinances, County, State and Federal Laws. Duties include but are not limited to investigating criminal activity; interviewing victims, interrogating suspects; writing reports; responding to accidents; civil process; prisoner transport; evidence collection; serving warrants; executing of court orders; responding to law enforcement related calls and assist the County Sheriff.
Qualifications: Minimum of a High School diploma/GED and two-year degree in law enforcement or related field.
- Must be licensed by the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board and attend at least 48 hours continuing education every three years;
- Valid MN Driver’s License;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to use leadership skills, to verbalize orders/commands so that the public and staff understand exactly what is being said and expected;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Must have received Bureau of Criminal Apprehension CJIS certification within one year of date of hire.
Salary Range: $26.87 – $34.93 per hour
Posted: September 21, 2023