The Dougherty County Sheriff’s Office/Jail Division is hiring on a continuous basis for Deputy Sheriff.
Employee in this position is responsible for, enforce local, state, and federal laws and to protect the citizens of Dougherty County.
- 21 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED with preferred formal training, special courses, or specialized advanced training in law enforcement, or a closely related field.
- Should have some knowledge of state/local laws and the County geographical area and road system. Six (6) months of relative experience preferred; or any related equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- If currently employed with the Sheriff’s Office, must not have had any disciplinary actions within the past six (6) months.
- Must be currently certified as a Peace Officer by Georgia P.O.S.T. (Peace Officers Standards and Training) Council or able to become certified within six (6) months of employment.
- Must successfully complete P.O.S.T. Basic Jailer Certification and P.O.S.T. General Instructor Training within 6 months of employment if selected for Training Deputy.
- Must be GCIC (Georgia Crime Information Center) certified or able to become certified within six (6) months of employment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft suite computer programs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.