$31.88 – $42.99 Hourly
The Carver County Sheriff’s Office is seeking experienced and entry-level law enforcement candidates for the position of Licensed Deputy Sheriff. All applicants must be currently licensed by the MN POST Board or MN POST eligible by the time of appointment. You will be required to provide your MN POST Board eligibility letter prior to the start of the background process. All applicants meeting minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Patrols designated patrol areas.
• Writes reports, maintains law enforcement logs, case records, incident reports and other required reports.
• Responds to calls, civil and criminal complaints, disturbances, medicals, accidents or requests for emergency assistance.
• Assists and conducts investigative activities and tasks.
• Participates in task force work in various capacities.
• Testifies in court proceedings in an accurate and truthful manner.
• Associates Degree or two-year Technical Certificate in Law Enforcement or related field
• Must possess or be eligible to possess a Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) License
• Valid Minnesota Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment