The purpose of the class is to perform general police duties to ensure the strict enforcement of state and local laws and County ordinances relating to public safety and welfare, and to perform related law enforcement work as required. This class works according to some procedures but decides how or when to do things; work is reviewed regularly by supervisor.
- Must have a four year degree from an accredited college or university, or Associate Degree and two years’ experience in law enforcement or military experience, or be a certified law enforcement officer.
- Must possess Law Enforcement Officer and firearms certifications.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Requires over one year and up to and including two years.
- May be required to obtain other technical or professional certifications as deemed necessary by supervisor.