8/19/2022 5:00 PM Arizona
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Starting pay is $53,451 annually, with an increase after Academy graduation to $55,997 another after the completion of FTO to $57,676, and after one year anniversary, $59,407 of Academy graduation.
- “Laterals” would range between $55,997 and $66,824 depending on experience.
- Additional training Opportunities
- Participation in the Law Enforcement Incentive Plan which gives officers the opportunity to get a payout after 2 years of employment or use that payout for Home Purchase Assistance after one year of employment.
• Attends and obtains Certification by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST) academy to learn the principles, methods and techniques employed by the Deputy Sheriff class
• Attends indoor and outdoor classes and training sessions for preparation as a Deputy Sheriff
• Performs rigorous physical training
• Learns to drive a motor vehicle under normal and emergency conditions safely
• Learns to demonstrate command presence in conflict situations
• Learns to write clear, comprehensive and accurate reports, legibly and with correct grammar and spelling
• Learns to understand, interpret and apply criminal and civil laws
• Learns use of various firearms and first aid methods
• Performs related duties as assigned
Must be a U.S. citizen (Ariz. Admin. Code § R13-04-105(A)(1) (2016), 21 years of age at the time of appointment, high school graduate (or G.E.D.).