Maintains order and security in the jail and ensures the safety and well-being of inmates, employees, and visitors within the guidelines of applicable state and federal laws, departmental directives, and rules and regulations. Reports to the Sergeant or other designated person and works with co-workers, inmates, attorneys, visitors, ministers, social workers, and probation, parole, court, police, and other agency personnel to provide operational support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors inmate activity, and records/maintains in log book.
- Works control panel for cells, entrance to cell block, emergency exits, and visitation/attorney area.
- Conducts security inspections.
- Oversees inmate recreation activities.
- Assists in the distribution and collection of commissary items, inmate clothing, and linen.
- Performs emergency first aid to inmates as necessary.
- Answers telephone and operates intercom system.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: No experience required. Selected candidate will be trained to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Preferred: Previous experience in law enforcement, public safety, or related occupation
Age Requirement: MUST BE AT LEAST 20 YEARS OF AGE.
Citizenship Requirement: United States citizen