Deputy Chief of Police
Closing date and time
9/30/2022 at 11:59 PM Arizona
Come join our team! The City of Sedona is now accepting resumes for the position of Deputy Chief of Police.
The City is seeking a strong, hands-on leader with solid ethics and integrity who has the ability to focus on teamwork, respond timely to staffing requirements, and implement organizational development and modern police tactics. The Deputy Police Chief will be positive, energetic, and capable of working in a collaborative manner. It is expected that the new Deputy Police Chief will have strong communication skills, utilize community policing, provide solid leadership, and have a personality style that is comfortable in a small community.
The Deputy will also demonstrate key personal traits including being respectful and sensitive in dealing with a diverse community and staff, honest, trustworthy, ethical, straightforward, apolitical, approachable and accessible, and an active listener. The Deputy Police Chief’s passion for police work in service to the community will be a hallmark of his/her daily endeavors.
PERSONALITY AND MANAGEMENT STYLE
• High integrity and solid character; honest and direct
• Displays a leadership presence; holds self and others accountable for the success of the department and the organization
• Displays a high degree of political sophistication
• Willingness to provide hands-on support to the department
• Being a collaborative member of the leadership team and community teams
• Excellent customer service, both internal and external
• Passion for the Sedona community and police service