Rate of Pay: $43,309.41 – $69,295.05
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Sheriff Deputy that exhibit sound judgment, integrity, compassion, empathy, and a desire to serve the community!
Duties include but not limited to:
- Operating a patrol car to observe for violations of laws, suspicious activities or persons and disturbances of law and order; examining premises of unoccupied residences or buildings; detecting unusual conditions and maintaining surveillance and observation for stolen cars, missing persons or suspects;
- Responding to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, domestic disputes, loud and disruptive behavior;
- Serving warrants, summons, subpoenas, court orders, and makes arrests, prepares reports and testifies in court;
- Investigating crimes, interviewing victims and witnesses, securing property and evidence, documenting facts and incidents, and searching homes and personal property;
- Enforcing traffic and criminal laws, issuing citations for violations and directing traffic for special events;
- Transporting prisoners to facilities throughout the state;
- Responding to inquiries from the public and providing information and educating the public on law enforcement issues;
- Providing law enforcement assistance to outside agencies;
- Providing supervision and assistance to dispatchers and trainees and assisting in evaluating and training trainees;
- May be assigned collateral duties such as civil process, computer support, court room security, K-9, etc. ; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Or equivalent training, education, and experience;
- Completion of Virginia Basic Law Enforcement Training and may be required to obtain and maintain specialized certifications depending on departmental assignment;
- Possession of or ability to obtain radar and firearm certifications within one year of employment;
- Must meet and maintain all department and State training and education requirements for position; and
- Valid driver’s license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.