The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is presently taking applications for the position of Corrections Officer for which we currently have open positions and to establish an eligibility list, for future positions.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office provides an excellent opportunity for a career in corrections and law enforcement.
Beginning a career in corrections or law enforcement? The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is a great place to start. The Sheriff’s Office provides ample training and certifications necessary to work as a correctional officer in Nebraska. A structured field training officer program is in place to ensure new employees can excel in a corrections environment.
Madison County offers excellent benefits to include health, vision, and dental insurance (cost shared by Madison County): paid sick, vacation, holiday time, and compensatory/overtime pay-out; and a retirement plan. We offer competitive salary with graduated merit increases and regular cost of living increase.
Qualifications will include:
- Minimum age of 20 years at time of hiring.
- Physical requirements include weight proportioned to height; vision 20/100 uncorrected, corrected to 20/20; normal depth perception; no color blindness; hearing must be normal in frequencies of normal voice range.
- High School graduate or have completed an equivalent course of education.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude and must not have demonstrated a disregard of the law to such an extent that usefulness as a Corrections Officer would be impaired.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Starting salary is $41,787 per year. Currently maximum salary is $59,800 per year after five years.
Go to: http://www.madisoncountysheriff.com to fill out an online application or download an application and send to;
Madison County Sheriff
P.O. Box 209
Madison, NE 68748
Or call 402-454-3311 ext. 152 to request an application
Applications will remain open until positions are filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer