Salary: $19.55 – $28.35 Hourly.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for the inmate population here at Rockingham County Corrections. We provide programs both in our facility and outside of the facility to assist inmates in enhancing and acclimating to their personal lives. The Corrections Officer is a vital part of our team and is responsible for the care, custody, and overall control of the inmate population through enforcing policies and procedures. Officers will act as ex officio constable as appointed, with general police powers, including arrests within the jail or during transports. Further, they respond to the needs of the jail by working up to 16 hours on occasion.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency to qualify for NH Association of Counties “Corrections Officer Academy” Certification.
- Must be able to pass physical requirements of Group II Retirement Certification.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license.
- Good writing skills with the ability to articulate well.
- Good interaction skills.
- Must pass polygraph test.