The Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office is currently hiring for a full-time Corrections Officer.
Under the new collective bargaining agreement that took palce on 01/01/2023, the starting wages are $21.42 to $28.44 per hour with credit for up to 15 years’ experience in the field, plus stipends for education and night shift differential. We offer 12 hour fixed shifts (nights or days) in a fifteen day work rotation in which you will have every other weekend off, and be compensated for a 42 hour work week plus overtime opportunities. Androscoggin County offers medical and dental insurance, a 20-year Maine State Retirement plan, a 457b plan, 13 paid holidays, uniform allowance, and a great team working environment.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Completion of college work, military duty or relevant work experience desirable, but not required.
3. Must receive a passing grade on the Alert Test, or MCJA Corrections Academy graduate.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
5. Sufficient physical ability to meet the Department’s essential functions.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Commissioners and Sheriff may, in their discretion consider equivalent, appropriate and acceptable.