SUPERVISION OF DETAINEES: Supervises detainees Supervises movement of detainees, religious meetings, recreations and other inmate activities as well as prepares for court, visitation, classes, etc. Supervises use of telephone. Provides consistent and equal treatment for all detainees. Arranges for medical treatment or transportation to medical facilities as required. Protects all persons and property that may come under the charge or custody of the jail.
BOOKING PROCESS: Performs booking process to include showering, searching, intake screening, photographing, fingerprinting, medical screening, personal property inventory and classifying the inmate.
SECURITY: Enforces order, discipline and strict compliance with health and safety standards. Monitors detainees activities and behaviors. Monitors and controls access to secure areas and perimeters. Segregates detainees as needed. Processes all incoming and outgoing mail, searching for contraband. Performs random cell/block searches.
RECORDS: Prepares and maintains all required paperwork including roster, activity logs, disciplinary activities, medicine dispensed, phone call logs, visitation logs, etc. Reviews paperwork including arrest reports, warrants and commitment orders to insure legal incarceration.
- Able to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Able to deal with the public, fellow staff and detainees in a professional, clear and courteous manner at all times. Able to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports and statements.
- Must have good inter-personal skills and be able to establish and maintain positive effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to physically handle combative situations.
- Able to climb stairs quickly when needed. Able to frequently lift/move 50 pounds or more combined with bending or twisting and occasionally lift/move 100 pounds or more.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License. High School Graduate or equivalent