Department Head: County Sheriff
Job Posting Number: 618-0605-100114
Date Open: October 1, 2014
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This permanent posting allows the department to maintain a pool of applicants from which future vacancies will be filled. Applicants should be aware that there may or may not be a vacancy at the time applications are submitted.
Under administrative supervision, the Corrections Officer performs duties to ensure the safety and security of all inmates and staff in the jail facility. This position maintains that level of security while conducting the operations of the jail at the County Sheriff’s office. This position affects the operation of the Sheriff’s Office as well as the well-being of inmates, county employees and the public. The work involves addressing a variety of problems and situations.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Class C TX driver’s license.
- Any combination of education equivalent to the required education and experience and required knowledge skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Enforcement Corrections Officer certification must be obtained within one year of hire date in position.
- Ability to maintain continuing education requirements by TCLEOSE.