Salary: $22.96 / hr.
Open until filled
Portage County is looking to hire a Corrections Officer to join their team! The Portage County Sheriff’s Office is seeking qualified, motivated, professional people interested in a career serving the citizens of Portage County. If you are interested in becoming a member of a progressive, community oriented Sheriff’s Office, the Portage County Sheriff’s Office may be right for you.
- Supervises inmates and maintains security of Jail and Juvenile Detention Center.
- First line inmate grievance mediator.
- Completion of initial mental health screenings.
- Assists in the transport of prisoners to and from facilities, courts and medical/mental treatment facilities.
- Dispense medication and assist nurse with medical visits.
- Provides mental and physical triage to inmates.
- Maintain required data, complete necessary forms and document behavioral problems.
- Photograph and fingerprint inmates.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- No felony convictions unless pardoned by the Governor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a U.S. Citizen.
- Must meet and maintain recruitment and eligibility criteria established by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board of Jailers.
- Must satisfactorily complete all required training and pass background check (within one year of employment, we will provide the 200-hour Corrections Academy at MSTC for you to be certified by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board).