Salary: $57,500.00 Annually.
Corrections Officers play a crucial role in the Corrections department. This is a highly visible certified Corrections position in which the incumbent is responsible for the care, custody, and control of inmates. Corrections Officers are tasked with inmate supervision, confiscation of contraband, escorting of inmates within the facility, ensuring inmate safety and supervising and monitoring civilian personnel within the units. Apply now to begin your career in Corrections with Pasco County BOCC.
Inmate supervision to include:
- Maintain Care,
- Custody and Control of inmates,
- Conduct security/WBC checks on inmates, classify inmates,
- Conduct cell area searches,
- Confiscate contraband,
- Monitor and supervise inmates, operate electronic surveillance equipment,
- Escort inmates with the facility,
- Communicate with inmates,
- Ensure inmate safety,
- Conduct inmate searches,
- Observe/evaluate inmate behavior,
- Perform sanitation inspections,
- Evaluate/accommodate the needs of disabled inmates, process special risk inmates,
- Supervise and monitor civilian personnel within the units,
- Ensure all inmate activities are documented,
- Supervise cell cleanup,
- Transport inmates to other locations/facilities when needed,
- Complete disciplinary reports on inmates,
- Maintain all logs, JMS reports and inspections.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication. Ability to use force, willingness to use necessary force (including deadly force), ability to hear conversation at a normal level (assisted/unassisted), vision correctable to 20/30 in each eye. Must be able to perform the physical standards required for the job. This position is 85 hours bi-weekly.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license. CJSTC Corrections Certification required.
- Unescorted CJIS clearance as authorized by FDLE is required. May require occasional travel to other locations within and outside County areas.