Salary: $48648.00 to $51648.00 per year.
The applicant screening process is designed to identify applicants who possess the aptitude, character and desire to pursue long-term careers as professional law enforcement officers. If you have the personal qualities necessary to become a professional deputy, your interest in employment is welcome and appreciated.
Like most organizations, newly hired employees start at entry-level positions. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, these positions are in corrections, patrol, communications, and clerical fields.
Corrections Deputies take the first line responsibility for the care, custody, and security of inmates.
- Participate in secure and safe inmate movements and activities.
- Assist and monitor serving meals to inmates.
- Provide or obtain medical aid to inmates, based on training.
- Operate and work housing floors, control centers, intake, and property sections.
- Interact professionally with inmates and supervise inmate housing units.
- Respond professionally to inmate requests, concerns, and emergencies.
- Conduct headcounts.
- Guard inmates in medical facilities.
- Transport inmates to other facilities.
- Document and properly maintain all related work logbooks and entries.
- Know and follow institutional policies and procedures.
- Other duties as directed by a supervisor.
- At least 19 years old.
- Have a high school or equivalent diploma.
- Must reside in Ascension Parish or living in contiguous parishes.
- Must be a registered voter.
- Valid Louisiana driver’s license for transportation duties.
- Obtain and maintain all Corrections Deputy certifications required by the Office.