Correctional Officer/Detention Officer – No Experience Required
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of activities pertaining to the County Detention Center in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures. Performs those prescribed tasks, such as guarding and directing inmates, patrolling assigned areas, escorting inmates, preparing reports, inspecting property, preventing disturbances and processing new detainees. Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be 18 years of age and drug free.
- Must be able to operate a variety of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to exert fifty pounds of force. Must be able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Work involves climbing, bending, stooping and reaching. Must be able to communicate verbally.
- High School diploma or equivalent – must be certified by the SC Criminal Justice Academy and have forty (40) hours of in service training within one (1) Year.
- Must possess a valid SC Drivers License and have a clean criminal record.