Salary: $25.00 Hourly.
Open until filled
Correctional Officers are part of a diverse professional family, with a commitment to facilitate the successful reintegration of the individuals in our care back to their communities equipped with the tools to be drug-free, healthy, and employable members of society by providing education, treatment, rehabilitative, and restorative justice programs, all in a safe and humane environment.
- Processes inmates admitted to and discharged or transferred from facilities;
- Receives and maintains the personal property of inmates;
- Issues clothing and supplies to new inmates;
- Returns or sends personal property to inmates on discharge;
- Arranges for transportation of inmates if necessary;
- May be assigned to assist sworn law enforcement officers in the transporting of prisoners;
- Escorts civilian visitors and staff through institutional facility;
- Provides security service for nurses, physicians, counsel, and others in their contact with prisoners;
- Supervises the security and conduct of inmates in cells, during group meetings, meals, bathing, at recreation, during visitations and on work and other assignments;
- Searches inmates for contraband, weapons or narcotics;
- Inspects quarters of inmates for contraband, sanitary conditions and orderliness;
- Restrains violent or disturbed prisoners and arrestees brought into the pre-sentenced facility under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Correctional/Police Science or Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- In-lieu-of an Associate or Bachelor’s degree the department will consider candidates that have current Department of Justice (DOJ) certification, as Jail Officers in the State of Wisconsin, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively, efficiently and entirely complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise fashion in both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to be supervised.
- Ability to function in stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and good working relationships with co-workers and other staff.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable work attendance.