Salary: $42,161.60 – $53,976.00 Annually.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER: Will be responsible for performing correctional duties involving the care, custody, and control of inmates at the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College degree, military experience or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. Citizen, able to pass a physical examination, have a satisfactory credit history.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years.
- Must submit a CERTIFIED driving record of the past five years.
- No prior criminal domestic violence convictions, felonies, or any crime of moral turpitude.
- Required to work any hours, days or shift, including holidays and weekends.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must pass an extensive background check to include criminal history and credit history.